Self Guided Stockholm Archipelago Island Hopping Experience – 7 Days
All the Adventure…none of the Planning
Dates: Opportunities Year Round – Best time to go is from May to September
Duration: 7 Day Itinerary – Includes accommodations and ferry pass.
The Route: Stockholm – Vaxholm – Grinda – Möja – Stockholm
Price: $1,459 CAD plus 5% GST per person (based on double occupancy and a minimum 2 people)
*Custom itineraries can be created upon request.
Your Self-Guided Island Hopping Experience: Explore picturesque Stockholm by boat! The Stockholm archipelago is home to approximately 30,000 islands, skerries and rocks that begin just a few minutes away from the city centre of Stockholm. This unique journey takes you off the beaten path to the outskirts of the archipelago to get a taste for the unique culture and natural beauty of the islands. Experience quaint fisherman villages, charming guest-houses, floating saunas, historical sights, and delicious cuisine!
Stockholm Archipelago Island Hopping Highlights:
- Spend 2 days exploring the city of Stockholm rich in its unique culture and history
- Visit Gamla Stan, Stockholm’s Old Town where you will explore the winding narrow cobblestone streets and get a feel for how life was hundreds of years ago
- Visit Stockholms trendy Södermalm and stop for a fika (coffee) at one of the many cafes while exploring the region
- Stop for a nice lunch in the idyllic archipelago town of Vaxholm home to numerous charming restaurants, cafés, and shops – plus it offers a chance to visit a historic military fortress that was built in 1544 built to protect the capital
- Spend 2 nights on the island of Grinda – a blissful island in a nature reserve
- Trigger your tastebuds by experiencing a 3 course meal at the Grinda Wärdshus
- Kayak or stand up paddle board through the archipelago and stop for a picnic lunch along the shore
- Experience Sweden’s sauna culture and treat yourself to a sauna – perhaps even the famous floating sauna on Grinda Island
- Feel as though you traveled back in time while visiting the island of Möja with its small fishing villages and well-preserved harbours
- Spend 2 nights at the homely Möja Värdshus and experience the warm hospitality of the islanders
- Hike one of the many nature trails on the island of Möja
- Dine at the fish restaurant in Möja for a traditional sampling of locally caught fish
- Enjoy the relaxing hop on, hop off ferry service as you travel through the archipelago
How Does it Work?
Watch the brief video below to get a feel for how our self-guided adventures work. You can find more details about our self-guided adventures here.