Self-Guided Adventure West Iceland: 9 Day Road Trip
All the Adventure…none of the Planning
Dates: Available Year Round – May be slight differences in the itinerary based on the season.
Duration: 9 Day Itinerary – Includes accommodations and rental car.
The Route: Keflavik – Reykjavik –Snæfellsnes Peninsula – West Fjords – Farm-stay in the Countryside – Keflavik
Price: $2,399 CAD plus 5% GST per person (based on a minimum of 4 people)
*Custom itineraries can be created upon request.
Your Self-Guided Adventure: Get ready to head to the least travelled part of Iceland the West Fjords! This 9 day journey begins in Reykjavik where you will be spending 2 days exploring this culturally colourful city. You’ll then hit the road and venture North to the Snæfellsnes peninsula to discover volcanoes, lava fields, glaciers, and black sand beaches. Then cruise on intertwining roads through the west fjords continuing north to Ísafjörður with interesting off the beaten path stops along the way.
Self-Guided Adventure West Iceland Highlights:
- Explore the colourful city of Reykjavik – from Elf School to trendy cafes – it offers a wide variety of interesting experiences that you can explore by foot or renting a bicycle
- Enjoy Reykjavik’s incredible art and music scene, museums, shopping, Elf School, and some great city public swimming pools fed by thermal waters
- Discover the unique energy of the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and experience thermal springs, amazing hiking trails, basalt columns & cubes; black & golden sand beaches; volcanic craters, rock arches & ancient lava tubes and ascend the Snaefellsjokull glacial crown
- Try your luck spotting whales and seals off the coastline
- Get a chance to partake in authentic traditional Icelandic customs including sampling fermented shark and sipping on brennivin
- Experience hot pools or laug culture in Iceland and find out where some of the unique off the beaten track ones are located throughout your adventure
- Spend a night on an Icelandic farm stay in the countryside and of course get a chance to interact with the friendly Icelandic horses
- Explore a variety of quaint fishing villages scattered along the western coast – each have their own unique vibe
- Experience the raw beauty of the West Fjords one of the least explored regions in Iceland
- Drive in and out of the breath-taking fjords and experience epic waterfalls, secret hot pools, and interesting sights around every corner
- Get a chance to eat at one of the best seafood restaurants in the world in the scenic fishing town of Ísafjörður
How Does it Work?
Watch the brief video below to get a feel for how our self-guided adventures work. You can find more details about our self-guided adventures here.