Authentic Scotland Adventure – 16 Day Tour
Glasgow – Port Appin – Portree – Isle of Skye – Inverness – Edinburgh
Optional 4 Day Tour Add-On in London, England
Scotland Tour Dates: September 17 – October 2, 2019
Add-On Dates: October 2 – 5, 2019
Nearest International Airport: Glasgow
Duration: 16 days / 15 nights with optional 4 Day Tour Add-On
Price: Starting at $3,799 CAD plus 5% GST per person (double occupancy)
Tour Add-On Price: $700 CAD plus 5% GST per person (double occupancy)
*If you are interested in going on this trip for Spring 2020 we are organizing another adventure if there is enough demand. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Your Scotland Adventure
Scotland has so many incredible qualities crammed into its company territory…including their infamous big skies, ancient architecture, spectacular wildlife, superb seafood, and hospitable, down-to-earth people. Your 16 day journey will take you to what we consider to be many of Scotland’s highlights including some real hidden gems. It covers many of the most spectacular parts of Scotland including the dramatic and varying landscapes of the Central and North-West Highlands, the magical Isle of Skye, Assynt, Inverness-shire and the Cairngorm Mountain and then down to the lowlands and picturesque rolling agricultural of rural Perthsire. Your itinerary starts and ends in Glasgow.
We’ve teamed up with an amazing driver/guide that will allow you to get to know the real Scotland and to embrace the history and culture with an exciting balance between the traditional and the contemporary. Your local hosts have a wealth of local knowledge and contacts and a passion for showing the best of what Scotland has to offer. Your itinerary is loosely set allowing you to explore Scotland at your own pace while living room and flexibility for spontaneous activities throughout the experience.
Getting There – Must fly to Glasgow International Airport and arrive on September 17, 2019. WestJet has great flight options into Glasgow – it is advised to book your flight early as they may go up in price. If arriving earlier or staying later, Travel Roots can provide assistance with arranging accommodations and activities if needed.
Program Fee Covers:
- Accommodation for 15 nights accommodations – “twin sharing basis”
- Breakfast is included throughout except at the Farm Stay
- All domestic transportation included throughout the experience
- Service of Tour Leader Mark/ Driver for the guided portions of the tour – please note Mark will provide guidance on what to see & do for your free days
- Pick up and drop offs to start the guided tours from your accommodations in Glasgow
Program Fee does not cover:
- International Airfare
- Airport pick-ups and drop-offs
- Travel Insurance
- Beverages, alcoholic beverages and meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Visitor attraction tickets
- Horseback Riding Experience – £50 per person for experienced riders – £36 per person for beginners!
- Entrance fees for historic monuments
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- Any other services not specified above