- Explore the endemic marine life and coral reefs while diving in the islands
- See nature transform before your eyes in the mangroves between low and high tide
- Interact with researchers from around the world at the ANET base camp
- Visit the breathtaking living root bridges in the Khasi Hills and learn how they play a
- critical role in the local village life
- Experience the immense beauty of Meghalaya’s diverse landscape and visit enchanting
- sacred forests
- Interact with Khasi families and experience their warm hospitality
All meals, accommodations, domestic travel, learning activities, use of research facility at ANET, local guides, and Travel Roots facilitator.
Fly from Chennai to Port Blair, Andaman Islands
Fly from Port Blair, Andaman Islands - Chennai - Shillong, Meghalaya
* The Travel Roots team can assist you with organizing your international flights
Day 1 – Fly to Port Blair from Chennai International Airport – get picked up at the airport and taken to ANET and get settled in.
Day 2 – Tour of ANET facility, interactive presentations and learning activities
Day 3 - 6 – Pair up with a researcher to learn about the marine life and assist with projects
Day 7 - 10 – Participate in learning activities and workshops based on your interests
Day 11 - 14 – Travel to Havelock Island to enjoy the amazing beaches
Day 14 – Travel back to Port Blair and spend the night
Day 15 – Depart for Meghalaya – Arrive in Guwahati airport and travel to Maple Pine Farm
Day 16 - 17 – Experience local Khasi life at Maple Pine Farm
Day 18 - 21 – Tour throughout the Khasi Hills visiitng local villages and the living root bridges
Day 21 – Arrive in Shillong – Experience one of the largest open markets in India
Day 22 – Fly back to Chennai
Stay in your own private cabana set in the jungle in ANET. Mosquito netting provided with a shared washroom. Meals are provided in a common sitting area.
No running water. Fresh water is available for drinking and basin's are provided for showers.
Stay in a private beach cabana on Havelock Island - based on double occupancy.
Stay at Maple Pine Farm in a tranquil cottage based on shared occupancy. This facility runs entirely off the grid and supports sustainable tourism practices. When touring to visit the living root bridges you will be staying in homestay accommodations with your own private room and shared washroom facilities. All homestay are safe and clean.